Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Food Stops in Europe


I've had requests from the clamoring hoards to post some shots of Europe, so I will interrupt my U.S. road trip for a moment to appease them! This is Eis mit Sahne (ice-cream with whipped cream) eaten just over the border from Switzerland in Bad Saeckingen, Germany. As a little girl I used to love stopping for Eis mit Sahne in the cafes. I couldn't resist doing it again since we were in Germany for a few hours! This is the Schwarzwald becher which has chocolate ice-cream and cherries.



Dinner out in Basel, Switzerland at Walliser Kanne. This would be the wiener schnitzel with roesti. Yum!

3 comments:

Janet Kincaid said...

Mmmmm. Eis mit Sahne. Mmmmmm. Wiener Schnitzel mit Roesti. Mmmmmmmmmmm. Great shots!

Jerez Sherry said...

Maya, I definitely want a job like yours! Geneva...Germany, be sure to take in an opera in Italy, and when you get ready for Morocco, let me know , I'll go with you.

Maya said...

Janet: I could go for some right now!

Sherry: Morocco is not in the plan this time, but I'll let you know if it ever is!