Monday, April 13, 2009

The Lovely Town of Bellefonte


This is the building I was born in located in Bellefonte, PA. It used to be a hospital, but is now a county building. I was hoping to see if I could get a copy of my birth certificate, but the place was closed. I guess they get Good Friday off! My parents left State College when I was 6 months old and I haven't been back until now.



We drove around the streets for awhile looking at all the great old architecture. We would have walked, but it was cold and rainy.









We ate at the Gamble Mill Restaurant which used to be an old grist mill. The food was excellent and matched the great atmosphere.



They bring in new artists every so often (probably monthly) like a gallery.



A table in the Bar.

2 comments:

Rob said...

A bit of nostalgia in a day in the life. looks like a quaint town, fun to revisit.

Maya said...

Dusty: It was! It's fun to see where you were born even if you've had nothing to do with it since then.