Sunday, December 21, 2008

Snow Day in Seattle


These Great Danes were enjoying the snow!



I stopped by the Elysian for beer and food with friends. These are all the beers they have on tap. I had the Bifrost.



Elysian chandelier



Rosebud! The preferred mode of transportation these days. Though I've also seen skis, skates, and snowboards.



The firemen sled on shovels and garbage can lids while waiting for a call.









Sledding down the street.






One of the main thoroughfares with no car traffic.

3 comments:

Janet Kincaid said...

Wow! You guys really are getting slammed.

*sigh* Could you send some of that snow this way? I'd like a white Christmas.

All of these photos are great. My favorites are the sled, the decorated tree, and the last two street shots. Really lovely.

P.S. My word verification is mushers! I wonder if those two danes could be enticed to pull a sled?

Jerez Sherry said...

Nice photos Maya...haha laughing all the way..did you take Rosebud out?

Maya said...

dc: Thanks! I had fun running around in the snow taking these shots. I wish I could send you some of the white fluffy stuff. I'd sure like to see the danes try pulling some sleds!

sherry: Rosebud wasn't mine. I just saw the sled in the hallway and had to take it's photo!