Thursday, November 13, 2008

Good-Bye Pioneer Square and I.D., I will miss you so!

Today was our last day working in the Smith Tower. It was a sad day for many. I had to say good bye to the lovely baristas at S'Bucks in the building. Not that I'm a huge fan of Starbucks coffee, but it was convenient, and the people working there are awesome! I also had to say good bye to the elevator operators and other staff of the building who have been so fantastic to all of us over the years. They will be missed!



At lunch we headed over the the International District (I.D.) for one last good meal at the Green Leaf.



I like this shot for many reasons, but originally took it for my dad who makes model airplanes.



After work we headed over to Collins for one last time to drown our sorrows and I spotted this on the door of an empty business between the Smith Tower and Collins.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Maya, I understand completely. I still miss the Smith Tower and Pioneer Square. I still have a plant given to me by one of the Starbuck's barristas on my first day of work.

But, I really miss Hamilton, the sweetest elevator operator in the world, the most!

Do you have any photos of him you could post?

Janet Kincaid said...

Moving from a cool building is never fun. To this day, I still miss the building I worked in on Market Street in San Francisco. When I'd say hello to the lobby watch each morning, I went up the elevator assured that at least one person liked seeing me that did and I liked seeing them.

Great photos. That food looks yummy.

Janet Kincaid said...

That did?! I meant, that day. Geez. I need a grammar fascist sitting over my shoulder when I post comments.

Maya said...

movielady: I'm afraid not. :-( He's been out a lot lately with various health concerns. I will miss all of them!

dc: It is a sad day moving out of the Smith Tower for sure.

The food was excellent!