Monday, June 2, 2008

Nisqually Wildlife Refuge

I got up in the wee hours of the morning to go on a photography/bird watching expedition with some friends at the Nisqually Wildlife Refuge. We ate a big breakfast, then walked (more ambling than walking) the 5.5 mile loop through the wetlands. Unfortunately, it was overcast and quite dark so not the best for photos. I also really missed having a telephoto lens!


I had to blow this one up quite a bit so it's a tad blurry. Still, it was my favorite bird shot. BTW, the white stuff falling in the background is not snow. I believe it was coming from the Cottonwood trees.











3 comments:

Janet Kincaid said...

Wow! These are all great. I especially like the last one. But I also like the composition of the second one. And I like the little bird... Oh, shoot. I like 'em all!

Rob said...

Cool pics; the last one looks molten, like it were a wave at first glance. I do know what you mean about lens envy. I was forced to remedy this on my last outing. Yes, when it comes to gear, I am weak.

Maya said...

d.c.: Thanks! Now you know how I felt editing them...

dusty: I really need to get an additional lens. Lens envy is a weakness I cannot ignore!