Thursday, June 19, 2008

Fahrenheit 451

Yes, we did read this awhile back in our Book Club. This entry reminds me of that book because I went to a bookstore today and am also posting a photo of a fire hydrant. I don't, however, condone book burning!


I love the Elliott Bay Book Company: so full of nooks and crannies to get lost amongst the books! It's always hard to go at lunch when I don't have time to browse but am picking up a particular book. I did find one of my book club books for this month. Hint: it's a girl's book about puberty by Judy Blume. I have read this book before when I was a pre-teen, but it will be interesting to read it again as an adult! Apparently there is a boy's book as well, but I had no luck finding that one.



Better late than never? I missed getting this in in time for last week's Two Things Challenge, but wanted to post my hydrant photo anyways.

7 comments:

Rob said...

Your booksotre sounds like a comfortable place to sit and read. I enjoy reading too. My trouble is time. It took me 5 months to finish Under the Tuscan Sun. I'm now into my 3rd month of reading Bella Tuscany. Next will be Canoeing with the Cree.

I like the bright yellow fire hydrant.

Maya said...

I know what you mean! Just getting my book club book read every month has been challenging. I used to read a ton when I was a kid. I guess I just had more time then.

Why all the Tuscan books? Are you planning a visit?

Janet Kincaid said...

I love independent bookstores! It's so nice to see that a few continue to survive despite the likes of Borders, Barnes & Noble, and Amazon. We have one here in town called Politics & Prose. Three guesses on what they specialize in?

Love your fire hydrant photo! I'll add a link at 2 Things Challenge now!

Bev said...

I've come straight from the link! Love this firehydrant - it has the fireman colours too.

Rob said...

Always love to plan to travel. in 2006, we spent 2 weeks traveling through Italy. loved Rome, Siena, and Verona. Sort of a far fetched retirement dream to live there in winter months, and here in northern MN in the summer months. And yes, Our plan is to return to Tuscabny sometime in the nest 5 years. That and I like Frances Mayes as a writer. I've made many of the recipes she provides in her book, like this one; http://northmetro.blogspot.com/2007/08/beaujolais-poached-pears.html

The Artful Eye said...

Great book and film! I'm glad you posted this yellow hydrant.

Maya said...

d.c.: Thanks for posting. Sorry it was so late! I love the small independant bookstores better too. They have so much more character.

bev: Thanks! Glad you stopped by.

dusty: I love to travel too. I've been to Italy a few times, but none too recently. It's a beautiful country! Alas, the link you provided did not work. :-(

artful: I have not seen the film. I'll have to add it to the list!