Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sun? Rain? Wind? Hail?

You name it, we got it today! It was a fun photo day. At lunch it was sunny and (almost) warm. Just before I got off work I was hearing thunder (a rarity in Seattle), and by the time I was walking home it turned windy, rainy, and then it hailed!


A new building going up. You see cranes all over the city. I chatted with an iron worker from San Diego the other day who is moving to Seattle because it's supposedly where all the work is these days.



Hail



I learned from this shot that you can capture hail if you use your flash.

5 comments:

Rob said...

What, really? Capturing hail with flash, cool idea. Like the blue colors here. A good sign for the local economy when the building trades are busy.

Maya said...

I took many shots, but this one where the flash went off was the only one where you could actually see the hail and it didn't look like rain. You learn something new every day! ;-)

rfgainey said...

Love the photos on the 31st! Your shot of the hail in motion makes it look like tinsle on that tree1 Very cool. And the OPus build: great pic. I heard that half of all the cranes west of the Miss. River are in Seattle!

Friar Tuck said...

I loved the picture of the hail in the water

Maya said...

rf: Sounds like the times when the Smith Tower was the tallest building west of the Mississippi! I guess we are having a boom unlike the rest of the country.

friar: Thanks! That was taken on a car and I loved the color.